Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

From Ten on Tuesday, 10 Favorite Children’s Movies:

1. The first movie I remember seeing in a theater was A Boy Ten Feet Tall, later called Sammy Going South. Release date 1963. It was at the Crest Theater in Pocatello, Idaho. I have very little recollection of the movie itself other that there was a blonde boy, but I think it is worth documenting, none the less.

2. My favorite animated Disney movie is 101 Dalmations.

3. My favorite Cinderella movie is the Rogers and Hammerstein 1965 musical version with Lesley Ann Warren. To me this is the real Cinderella. I later saw the Disney animated one and wondered what the heck that was. The music was all wrong...Ugh! I also love the Cinderella movie Ever After, but that is not a children's movie.

4. The Little Princess. Such a beautiful, multi-layered movie. So many good messages. I have seen it many times and can still find something new.

5. Lady and the Tramp.

6. Hmmm...maybe that's it. Is Home Alone (the first one) a kid's movie? Because I love that movie. It is one of my favorite Christmas movies.

7. Ok, now I'm cheating and looking on Amazon for favorite children's movies. I'm just not that big of a Disney fan. But I did like Mulan and Aladdin. I will combine them for #7.

8. Mary Poppins.

9. Anastasia.

10. The Parent Trap. (the newer one.)

Whew. That was harder than I thought it would be.

1 comment:

NoBS said...

I LOVE the Leslie Ann Warren Cinderella! I can't believe I forgot it.

For some reason, reading your #1 reminded me of Jack with Robin Williams. Don't know why.