Today's list from Ten on Tuesday, from whom I have not yet figured out how to get a button. Because I'm computer-challenged like that.
10 Favorite Ethnic Foods
I think most ethnic foods I have eaten have been highly American-ized but here is my list anyway.
1. Tacos--I don't know how "ethnic" tacos are but they are hands-down my favorite food.
2. Baklava--This is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this topic. I have made it several times and it is delish!
3. Schezwan spicy pork noodles--My husband makes this, and it is fabulous.
4. Taiwanese onion cakes--I had a Taiwanese roommate in college who made these and I loved them. Haven't had them since.
5. Indian tacos--When we lived on the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation, this was the most popular food in town so I am going to count it as ethnic. Taco fixings on fry bread. Yummy! (I won't talk about one of the older traditional foods I heard about ((but didn't eat)) when living there. Yuck!)
6. My favorite Italian dish is Mezzaluna at Carrabba's. (After the appetizer of calamari.)
7. Is Boiled Dinner ethnic? Irish ethnic? Glenn makes the best. I really miss him.
8. I don't think cheese enchiladas are exactly ethnic but they are my second favorite Mexican food. My mom makes these the best.
9. The other Chinese food I like is sesame chicken. And lemon chicken. And Hula Beef. And chicken on a stick.
10. My other favorite "Italian" food is Spaghetti with Browned Butter and Mizithra Cheese at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
I think I need to expand my ethnic food horizons. Just sayin'.