Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Morning Routine

Every morning before work and on the weekend I do the following:

1. Empty dish drainer and put all dishes away. (If I had a dishwasher, I would empty it and put in any dirty dishes that were in the sink.)

2. Make ice. (Yeah, we don't have an ice maker either. We live in the dark ages but that's ok. I prefer ice cubes to those little crescent shapes that come out of an ice maker anyway.)

3. Take care of my husband's lunch box.

4. Start a load of laundry. Fold and put away anything that didn't get taken care of the night before.

5. Check the dinner menu and do anything needed. (This may include getting something out of the freezer to thaw, finding a hard-to-find item in the pantry, getting out a recipe, making Jell-O, or even putting restaurant coupons, scrip, or dollar bills for a tip in my purse.)

Then on work days I make my lunch and set out everything for my breakfast except for the milk and juice. Then I go shower.

Doing this morning routine gets things organized for the day. It helps my husband to take care of his chores. He will forward laundry if needed, and he does a batch of dishes and cooks dinner most days.

1 comment:

Heather of the EO said...

Wow, you get up and GO! I'm more...lazy. :)