Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Started

This weekend I finished two other projects which allowed me to start cutting up t-shirts for the quilt. Yippee!

I decided to shoot for 12-inch finished blocks whenever possible. Some blocks will have to be longer, which I will accomodate in some way when I get the blocks cut and sewn and start arranging.

What this means as far as cutting goes, is that I am cutting big designs (and lists) 12.5 x 12.5 when possible. The small designs I will cut 6.5 x 6.5 and sew together to form the 12.5x12.5 blocks. Some designs I will cut 12.5 x 6.5 and sew together. I am saving t-shirt remains in *fun* colors to add to odd-sized blocks to bring them up to 12.5x12.5.

I haven't decided whether or not to do any sashing and/or borders, nor have I decided on backing or binding.

My plan is as follows:

  • Cut out t-shirt designs in pre-determined sizes as best I can.
  • Fuse blocks en masse to light-weight interfacing.
  • Sew smaller designs together or to more fabric to bring them up to 12.5x12.5
  • Square up blocks.
  • Decide on a layout and make decisions about sashing, borders, etc.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow, what a project! I hope you'll let me see it when you're finished. And good luck, for sure! :)