Friday, November 6, 2009

A Month of Gratitude #6

I should back up a bit and say how grateful I am for my daughter. Not just that she is 19 and, for all intents and purposed, "raised."

I am so grateful that if I were only to have one child, which is exactly what happened, that the child would be a girl. At every age and every stage, I have said, this is such a fun age! And it truly was. Not that life was perfect, but it was good! And fun.

I have never been a perfect parent and have made a lot of mistakes. But in spite of all of that, things have turned out quite well.

My daughter is smart, creative, hard-working, funny, fun to be around, a good cook, and talented in many ways. She is not afraid of a challenge. In fact, she continually challenges herself in most areas of her life. She knows how to work hard, she is not afraid to work hard, and she does work hard.

I am also extremely grateful that, after receiving her first proposal of marriage this past week, that she said no!

No comments: