A while back, Michele at Scribbit did a post on fast food favorites and I thought it made a good meme so I am going to do one, too! (I learned another new bloggy trick. When you steal an idea from another blogger, if you call it a meme then it is totally okay! Cool, huh?) That makes this my Tuesday Ten this week.
1. Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Fillet with cheese and everything (except pickles.) This has been my absolutely favorite fast food item for over 20 years! Except I have to order it with cheese and everything, period, and then pull the pickles off. If I order it with cheese, and everything, and no pickles, that seems to be one too many instructions for the basic fast food worker and my order gets messed up so I have learned over the years to just pull the pickles off.
2. A & W Rootbeer. My first job was at an A & W Drive-In. The older folks would call it a rootbeer stand. (Anyone?) On a hot day in the summer people would line up with their gallon jugs to be filled. And we made floats and freezes (like a milkshake but with rootbeer instead of the milk.)
3. Wesco's Wild Berry Smoothie. This is the best smoothie I have ever had, hands down. It is blueberry and strawberry, I think. Normally, blueberry is not my favorite of the berries but in this combination it is wonderful. And they top it with a generous dollop of whipped cream. This is only available at the Wescos with the food to go counters and, luckily, the one nearest where I work has one!
4. Subway's Oven Roasted Chicken with pepper jack cheese on Monterey Cheddar with lettuce, tomatoes, a little bit of onion, light mayo, and honey mustard.
5. My other favorite at Subway is the Turkey Breast and Ham with provalone on wheat with the same fixings as above.
6. Quizno's Honey Mustard. I could eat it with a spoon. Well, maybe not but it makes a great chip dip. I especially like it on Quizno's Ham and Cheese in all of it's toasty goodness.
7. Arby's Regular Roast Beef with Arby's sauce and Horsey sauce. That is all. Well, actually, I like their Market Fresh sandwiches, too. I'm a sucker for a good sandwich.
8. Fry Sauce. Which seems to only be available in Utah and some parts of Idaho. If there were fry sauce in Michigan, I would eat a lot more fries. Maybe it is for the best. I can, however, make pretty good fry sauce at home.
9. Hires Cherry Limeade. Well, and Hires burgers and Hires onion rings and Hires fry sauce. Did I mention that I like fry sauce?
10. I also like Burger King's Whopper with cheese. I have maybe one of those a year. And I like McDonalds' Sausage McMuffin with no egg. Out west we like Taco Time but here in Michigan we very rarely eat fast food Mexican food.