Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Summer Goals Redux

At the beginning of the summer, I made a list of thing to do. Now that summer is officially over, I will report how I did. Or didn't, as the case may be.

I planned to:

•See a musical
•Go to the beach
•Make 2 quilts
•Go thrifting

It was a short list; deceptively simple. Did I get everything done? Not so much.

1. See a musical--Welp, there weren't any, so I did go to a comedy in a nearby town. It was good, and I enjoyed it, but I'm still on the lookout for a musical.

2. Go to the beach. I did, several times and it was great. I will buy my State Park sticker earlier next year and get going right away.

3. Make two quilts. Well, maybe make was too strong a word. I did work on both quilts and did a lot of other incidental sewing. My new, revised, in-the-back-of-my-mind, loose plan is to try to finish the t-shirt quilt by Christmas. (Along with a few other little ruffled goodies.) I also need to have a baby quilt in the works shortly after that. And I do plan to make some progress on the WIPs.

4. Go thrifting. I went twice. It was underwhelming. The first time, however, I found yards and yards of white wired ribbon for pennies a yard, which I used to make my daughter one of these, with enough left over to make another one, if I so desire. But that was about it. But, I wasn't really "on a mission." I just think I need to get into it a little more.

So, that's that.

No comments: