Well, I guess I am ready for my first post.
I am going to start with a Christmas meme I have seen in many places around the blogosphere.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate.
2. Do you wrap presents or bag them? Things in a box get wrapped, things not in a box get bagged.
3. Colored lights or white? This is the first year that I have EVER put white lights on my Christmas tree. I bought some of the new LED lights for the window, and I thought white lights would look best with them. I have some beautiful red pearl lights that I love, too.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Not usually.
5. When do you decorate? We get a real tree so we don't usually decorate until around the middle of the month, maybe a little later.
6. Favorite holiday dish? Home made rolls. We only have them for holidays.
7. When and how did you learn about Santa? I don't really remember. I think it was from some older kids in the neighborhood.
8. How do you decorate your tree? I collect "vintage" glass Christmas ornaments. Shiny Bright and European ones. I also have some contemporary ones I mix in. And I have a few glass icicles and some sentimental ones. I would love to have more than one tree and do different themes. I have several fabric ornaments that I don't use much anymore. I have also never found a star that I like for the top of the tree so I continue to use a yellow satin one that I made.
9. Snow-love it or dread it? I don't like having to drive in it or shovel it.
10. Can you ice skate? No.
11. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes, it was a Brother sewing machine that I received my junior year of high school.
12. What is the most important part of the Holidays? Remembering the Savior. Being with family and friends. Music. Doing something for someone who doesn't expect it.
13. Favorite Holiday dessert? Thumbprint cookies.
14. Favorite memory? The last Christmas I was together with all of my family in Salt Lake City. It was a full house and we had lots of fun.
15. Do you have a special ornament? Yes, it is a little olive wood nativity scene that my mom brought back from her visit to the Holy Land.
16. What do you do on Christmas Eve? We have shrimp cocktails and snack foods and Christmas cookies. We play games and, if all goes well, I am not wrapping gifts. We go to a midnight candle light service at some friends' church.
17. If you could have anything for Christmas this year what would it be? Well, what is happening with our family at Christmas time this year is an answer to 20 years of hopes, prayers, and wishes so there is nothing else I could ask for.
18. What do you do for your neighbors and friends for Christmas? I make Christmas cookies. Boring, I know but they seem to appreciate it.