Friday, January 8, 2010

Five Thoughts on Friday

  • My Christmas tree is still up, as are all of the rest of the Christmas decorations and accompanying paraphernalia. Putting it all away is my plan for the weekend. That and doing some basic house cleaning. I don't have time during the week to tackle a project of that magnatude. I spent this week trying to adjust back to the regular routine and get enough sleep. And get the leftovers used up in a responsible manner. And celebrate S's birthday.
  • Yes, my dear hubby had a birthday this week. He had to work on his actual birthday so we celebrated the next day on his day off. Some friends unexpectedly joined us for his birthday dinner (at Pablo's Tacos--and they bought!) and movie. Then we came home and he opened his presents. No cake. K made him a cheesecake while she was home and he has cookies in the freezer and we still had pumpkin pie from New Year's Day.
  • Earlier this week a friend called and asked if I was over the withdrawal from having K home for Christmas break. I thought that was the perfect analogy. It is like going thru a withdrawal. It made me feel better having that little bit of understanding. And friendship.
  • So, now it is back to all of the regular routines and responsibilities. I need to gear up and get my church stuff organized and planned and decide how I can delegate and how I can get the girls to do some actual planning and organizing. And I volunteered to be in charge of birthdays, so I need to get that organized and running. And I need to buy fabric for a quilt.
  • The ideas I have swirling around in my head for the quilt include the colors of pink and orange. Squares about 5 or 6 inches of solid pink, solid orange, and a pink and orange print. The other (soft) side would be a pink and orange stripe. How likely am I to find the print and stripe I need? There could be other colors, too. I see a dark color in the patterned fabrics of blue or purple. Hmmm. I am thinking a little outside the box on this one. I don't want it to be a typical baby quilt. It will be interesting to see what I can find to make my vision a reality.

No comments: